Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 22 (yea. like actually stiil truckin' re.lent.less)

"I don't think I have ever seen you do an ugly thing... ever"

In one week
it will have been one month
since I have heard from you

Immediate assumptions
draw such phrases
to romantic love
because no one
would ever want to imagine
neglect in a foundation
as sacred
as this one

Not wishing to speak
of apologies and guilt
You stay in silence
because there is nothing
else for you to say

A guilty conscious
makes for a guilty face
and who would want to be seen
as anything other than beautiful
especially a woman as effortlessly beautiful
as you

The truth is marring
and
You my dear,
A woman of my very heart
the one who,
not only knew where everything went
but also understood why I don't bother
to ever actually keep it organized,
You are what you believe
and from what you have shown
right now you only believe
in things you see
and I just happen to unfortunately
not be one of those things

A wise girl
with a smile the size
of my unsettled destiny
once said:
"Just because you've never seen me do anything ugly
doesn't make that the way it is"

But then again,
as this very poem shows,
you have always known
how to turn the ugliest things
Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment