Sunday, August 8, 2010

Habeebi

Ever write a poem for/about someone and realize it doesn't skim?
This doesn't skim...
Im going to sit down with my muses and live through it and then let it happen to me instead of try to make it happen through me.

I love you.


For Sadia, who held me in a green field, sang ‘Yellow’ and cried with me


I have always wanted to cry as pretty as you do.
Shed water and light at the same time
Pour and glow transpire a rainbow,

Emit
Through plains of dark and shaken nowhere
Every color stolen from us
And hidden in some wrong cavity

Do you see sun in me?
Are you forgetting about the water?
that you are spilling brim and dam split
cleansing
That your head is pouring somewhere near your eyes

Find the narcissus in you,
See for once
That you are simmering rays and golden
See the gold in you
Watch what you’ve guarded so dearly
Admire all of it
Guard but don’t hide it

Though I am ether tarnished treasure or blackened foil
and you love me
Do not let anyone
Rot iron
or lime you

You are a perched sun nights
When I do not want moon hole and sinking feet

Thank you
for blocking out evening
and skipping morning
for being zenith and high noon

Mercy filled baptism
You are no fountain,
Not recycled water

You are falls and pottery wheel
overflowing
clay and sand hands
pedaling feet

Held me yearned creation though I made your work muddy

Kiln
how are you still not water logged hearth

Who made you
All heat no burn
All liquid no drowning

This world
Eggshell promises
and
Unimagined heavens

I don’t know how is it I have still found one in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment