Friday, August 28, 2009

15th stil rewinding the clock.. aka timetravellin.

18295 Fairhaven Dr.

This
is
for..us
For HOC
For roaches
and,
I swear they were there
before we moved there
For
I was born this shade of black
and
dark colored pride
For culture cannot be
killed
just hidden
For
I know you were here
before we moved here
but
my eyes
make this block look like a village
and I cant get over the
nostalgia
of it all

For us,
because
when the forgotten
are forgetful
there are no
locks to pull on to
reveal hidden stories
anymore

For us,
easily
in between

Our
cannot be here
along with the
holier
parts of our
selves

for,
I like silence
because I am artistic
I was born this way

I am artistic
because I like silence
I was bred this way

I like silence because
I was never heard
I was loved this way

I wasn’t allowed
to play with kids
that never listened
I did it anyway

they never listened
my face spoke too loudly
of before
they told me
they hated it
I never listen anymore

I like silence
Because I like silence
Bred this way
because I was born
this way
I will love this way,
way loudly,
because I have yet to be heard

For the forgetful ones
fearful that if they speak
they may learn that their voices
are louder than they could ever imagine
and that have spent all this time
in silence
For nothing.

(18295 fairhaven drive)
I still don’t speak
about
such things

No comments:

Post a Comment