Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 1- Bestfriend

You have my mothers eyes.
my sisters hands
and chest
and smile
and love
you shape shifter you
cradle you rock
you have a million faces

safia-
the summer we met i watched you bloom beautiful
i have never seen anyone work so
hard to tear
broke your shell
woman
height like a sleeping giant
little girl big voice
you worked so hard to tear
for a girl who got all the
'how to cry' washed out of
her
there is bleach in that water
clean slate
you make me feel
like i can begin again.
it started with you.


Taylor
Every broken step
towards
whole
is another
one towards
remembering you
and how
i was not who i am now
before you
love.
you made me know
what type of woman i could be
and how much i would love her
and how
and how
and when
i love you,
my dear.

ade
i brought you
my stories
my burdens
my deaths
a fan-dangled forest of regret
and ugly
you made them beautiful
i cried in on my self
let it steep
poured my delicate all back in
with my hard and stern
i am beautiful
like i was before
but the reflection speaks easier about it
thanks to you.

minilik
i dont remember men before you
they were all brothers
and a father with no puberty in him
i dont know how to love men
i was never looking for a king
i found a prince trying to regain his crown
when you take your thrown
if i cannot sit next to you
i will watch your palace from afar
and smile.

bianca

it was simple with us
there is something
simple
about a beautiful girl
with a lot of heart
and all of it seeping out of her
we were sisters before i met you
my laughter knows you
like my heart knows love
and pain
and when i found you
a part of me came home again
its that simple
with us

piper

i am a whirling dervish
a cracked out queen of
street soothsayer in your life
a crazy girl
with a loud mouth
and a louder
heart
you loved me anyway
you have held my tears
you have held me closer
there is nothing i can say
that can articulate
how much i owe you
a part of my me

omie

you are a queen of queeness
a floating smile
a foolish beauty
a crying growth
I find something
so beautiful
about how true
you are with your tears
with your honesty
with your laughter
your hurt
your bullshitting
your bitching
you are your everything
there is nothing more beautiful
about being a beautiful you
and making no apologies for it
except when its necessary

yarminiah

a beautfiul black man
once wrote about the dimple on the side of your face
there is an equator about you
you make things balanced
i am smalled by you
and always want to grow
bigger
to your heights
so i can reach up to your cheek
and fall into the paradise
of the crater on your face

there is a home about you
a stern mother
a whole sister
a beautiful friend
a careless color and shade
about how confusing it is
to explain how hard
i have
loved you

No comments:

Post a Comment